[MPlayer-advusers] r25874 broke raw MOV demuxing

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Apr 3 00:41:57 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 03:31:24PM -0700, RC wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:27:27 -0500
> "John Karp" <johnkarp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Truncated files made with dd don't seem to work, even if I cut at
> > 100MB instead of 10MB:
>
> Run "mp4creator -optimize" on the video first (from mpeg4ip).  Or
> "MP4Box -inter", though you might prefer to just use -splitx instead
> (from GPAC).

A better and more general solution is to overwrite the middle with zero
bytes and only leave 5mb at the begin and 5mb at the end. Then compress
this with bzip and upload.

> qt-faststart.c is also supposed to work (but not for me).

Which issue number is that on our bug tracker?

[...]

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates