[MPlayer-advusers] Transport stream containing H264 recognized as MPEG2

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 7 22:58:43 CET 2007

Hi Nico!

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Nico Sabbi wrote:

>>> ftp://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/HDForum-06.04.04-01%3A

[...]

> the only video stream present in the only program present is
> identified as mpeg2
>
> New active PMT
>   program_number : 1000
>   version_number : 0
>   PCR_PID        : 0x7d1 (2001)
>     | type @ elementary_PID
>     | 0x02 (ISO/IEC 13818-2 Video) @ 0x7d1 (2001)
>     |  ] 0x07 : ÿÿ$"
>     |  ] 0x11 : "ÿÿ"
>     | 0x04 (ISO/IEC 13818-3 Audio) @ 0x7da (2010)
>     |  ] 0x0a : "fre"

Does this mean the file is broken and cannot be played by mplayer?
(I remember now that it was recorded with an old version of Kaffeine - the
name implies that - and not with mplayer -dumpstream, as I normally do.)
I ask because with tsvformat, it plays fine: Should it be possible to play
a file like this?

Carl Eugen