[MPlayer-advusers] rtsp username is ignored

marlon at freemail.gr marlon at freemail.gr
Fri Nov 2 09:17:15 CET 2007

Hello.

I want to access a password protected stream on an RTSP server.

When I use:

mplayer rtsp://my_user_name:my_pass_word:sitename/path/to/file.rm

I get:

librtsp: server responds: 'RTSP/1.0 401 Unauthorized'
realrtsp: authenticator not supported (RN5 realm="sitename.ContentRealm", nonce="some_number")
rtsp_session: session can not be established.

...which probably means that this kind of authentication is not yet supported
under mplayer. Fine by me!

Now, when I use:

mplayer -user my_user_name -passwd my_pass_word rtsp://sitename/path/to/file.rm

I get:

librtsp: server responds: 'RTSP/1.0 401 Unauthorized'
realrtsp: auth required but no username supplied
rtsp_session: session can not be established.

...which (according to stream/realrtsp/real.c) means that the
"-user my_user_name" option is completely ignored by the application itself.

Does anybody have an idea why this should happen?

Thanks in advance.

PS:

MPlayer dev-SVN-r24387-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2