[MPlayer-advusers] ID_DEMUXER=nuv + ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=RJPG --> no picture ?!

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon May 28 12:25:50 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:47:22AM +0200, tormen at gmx.net wrote:
> > There are some RTJpeg nuv files that play in MPlayer, too, e.g. the
> > nirvana.nuv on our samples server.
>
> Hmm. I tried to compare the two files: (my sample.nuv with the
> nirvana.nuv)
>
> jolie / # nuvinfo /LINKS/TEMP/nirvana.nuv
> Stream type 'nuv' is not an mpeg, and will
> not work with this program.
>
> Cleaning up temp files.
> jolie / # mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 0 -identify /LINKS/TEMP/nirvana.nuv
> [...]
> ID_DEMUXER=nuv
> ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=NUV1
>
> So there is no "ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=RJPG" ?
>
> With which program was this nirvana.nuv file created?

NUV1 is the MPlayer internal fourcc, bot use the same decoder.
The nirvana.nuv uses the format that MythTV format is based on,
called "NuppelVideo". No idea which program created it though.

> > I don't think I will install MythTV with that huge amount of
> > dependencies,
> If I can help somehow? debug output, information, recordings?

You could check how close the output of MPlayer with the patch is to the
original.

> Or maybe I can look through the source code, if you could maybe tell me
> for what I would have to look (roughly)?

I don't know exactly, and I can have a look myself, I just still have
some travel preparations to do ;-)

> > but I should meet some people from MythTV at LinuxTag, so
> > I hope we can make some progress there.
> :-)) sounds great :-))

Maybe we really actually get some coding done this time ;-).

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger