[MPlayer-advusers] ID_DEMUXER=nuv + ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=RJPG --> no picture ?!

tormen at gmx.net tormen at gmx.net
Mon May 28 10:55:40 CEST 2007

Hi.

> > Are the missing quantizers part of the .nuv container format or part of
> > the RJPG video compression?

> Not sure what exactly you mean.
As far as I know .nuv is (just) a container format like .avi.
RJPG is the video codec/format that is used to compress/encode the video
information inside this audio+video-container-nuv-file.

So I thought the missing information could be missing in the .nuv part
of the file or the RJPG part of the file... but maybe I am talking blue
here, because I am missing some video-format knowledge here... :-)

But is more likely that the information is missing in the RJPG part,
because...
there is also the possibility to create .nuv files with DIVX inside with
mythtv. And these files can be played with mplayer!
I appended file informations about such a file.

> I first assumed the values are supposed to be derived from the quality
> setting to save the space for 2*64 ints in the file, but that space is
> still wasted in that file.
> You could also ask them if they happen to have a specification around...
I am trying to get some more information "from the other side".
Unfortunatly until now I only heard that there is just the source code
of mythtv as specification :-(
But I will try further!

> > I know that I can't expect anything here.
> I didn't say I wouldn't fix it, I just don't know yet exactly when and
> how.
You got this wrong. I wanted to express that "I can't expect anything
here", because it is not /your/ task to puzzle the format of mythtv, but
should be mythtv's task to provide you with the according information.
I really did /not/ want to express in any way that I don't expect help
here or something. The opposite impression is the caase: I really find
you very helpfull / willing to help!

Greetings,

tormen.

P.S.: How can I get completly "english" output from mplayer?
I tried to set all locales to POSIX... but still german.

---

mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 0 -identify
/LINKS/myth/quer_#_#_2007-05-25\,0155.00.nuv
MPlayer dev-SVN-rUNKNOWN-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz (Family: 15, Model: 2, Stepping:
4)
Kompiliert für x86 CPU mit folgenden Erweiterungen: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Spiele /LINKS/myth/quer_#_#_2007-05-25,0155.00.nuv.
NuppelVideo-Dateiformat erkannt!
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
ID_AUDIO_ID=0
ID_FILENAME=/LINKS/myth/quer_#_#_2007-05-25,0155.00.nuv
ID_DEMUXER=nuv
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=DIVX
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=17600000
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=640
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=512
ID_VIDEO_FPS=25.000
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=85
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=768000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=32000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_LENGTH=352.71
Öffne Videodecoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Ausgewählter Videocodec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffodivx
Öffne Audiodecoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
AUDIO: 32000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 96.0 kbit/9.38% (ratio: 12000->128000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=96000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=32000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Ausgewählter Audiocodec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2,
layer-3)
AO: [null] 32000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=mp3
Starte Wiedergabe...

Beenden... (Dateiende erreicht)