[MPlayer-advusers] DVB documentation unclear/outdated

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Sat Feb 17 23:52:01 CET 2007

On 13/02/07 00:20:19, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:
>
> >Ah, well. That's a pitty. Probably the TU BS is researching on what I want
> >but
> >if it is so high development it won't be free:(
> >

> what is it?

A rough summary translation of
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/theses/brandt/mpeg4transcoder.html?backurl=%2Fusers%2Fbrandt%2Findex.xml :

Because re-encoding (first decoding then encoding) is very cpu intensive and therefor mostly not realtime they try to develop a technique that will give the same result without full decoding. The work is finished and there should be a c/c++ implementation as a programme and as a library.

And then
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/theses/brandt/mdtranscoding.html?backurl=%2Fusers%2Fbrandt%2Findex.xml
builds on previous work:

It was discovered this adjusting can be done in various domains as time, space and ditail of sharpness. The task is to code a transcoding-module to mpeg-4 that can ajust the video stream in different domains at the same time. This transcoding shouldn't be done sequential but combined to reduce cpu time. It has to be handed in again as a programme and as a module.

There are more details and a chart at http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/theses/brandt/mdtranscoding/?backurl=%2Fusers%2Fbrandt%2Findex.xml
Sadly there seems to be no English version available.

> >Did  it with mplayer -fs -v -vo cvidix dvb://ard &> mplayer.out to have
> >cvidix
> >and to see when the second channel is visible. Again pressing the h
> >changes it
> >but  then  the  q  for quitting appears in the tty and I have to close
> >mplayer
> >with Ctrl-C. mplayer.out attached.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Lynx
> >

> I'll give a look at the output whan I have some time

Can I do any other debugging meanwhile?

Regards,
Lynx