[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] regression when playing a DVD after r18429

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Sat Aug 25 03:10:26 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Saturday 25 August 2007 03:56, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 01:24:14AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > and the aspect ratio changes (and is of course wrong then).
> > It switches back after some time.  I would upload a sample if
> > I knew how to create it, the problem occurs about one hour 20
> > minutes into the DVD.
>
> mplayer -ss 1:10:00 -endpos 20:00 -dumpvideo dvd://
> or something like that.

I can confirm this bug too. It happens on one of my DVDs. Effect is
the same: new aspect ratio is wrong, but never recovers again
automatically until I manually change from full screen mode to
windowed mode and vice versa.

This error occurs after a new RIFF chunk start at about 1 hour of
playback. Noteworthily this error disappears after cutting a peace
of movie using -ss, -endpos; perhaps due to single RIFF chunk.