[MPlayer-advusers] new copy protection: can't even play the original dvd

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Sun Aug 5 00:18:20 CEST 2007

Hello!

I  just  tried  to  play an original dvd of "Wer früher stirbt ist länger tod"
wich seems to have some new copy protection. It is sometimes called DVD-Movie-
PROTECT from X-Protect. http://www.heise.de/ct/Redaktion/ghi/retch/ed/dvd.html
(sorry, I just found it in German)
Is there anyway I can get this to play? The main movie is  in  4  but  mplayer
says:

mplayer dvd://4
MPlayer dev-SVN-r23662-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz (Family: 15, Model: 2, Stepping: 7)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Playing dvd://4.
There are 26 titles on this DVD.
There are 16 chapters in this DVD title.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
libdvdread: Invalid title IFO (VTS_03_0.IFO).
Cannot open the IFO file for DVD title 3.
No stream found to handle url dvd://4

Exiting... (End of file)

I have already updated libdvdcss and libdvdread. Anything else I could try?

Thanks
Lynx