[MPlayer-advusers] CVS mplayer and segmentation fault with liba52

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue May 16 12:06:49 CEST 2006

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> Since at least about a month CVS mplayer is not able to play DVDs
> with sound on my system anymore (CVS of last few days doesn't compile
> through at the moment). It seems that there is a problem in liba52.
> If I use:
> mplayer dvd://
> mplayer dvd:// -ao oss
> it crashes with:
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_audio

Please follow the bug reporting guidelines at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html - particularly the
part about "what to report in the event of a crash". We almost never
need an strace (I don't think I remember a single occasion in the years
I've been around), and most of us don't particularly want 230K+ files
coming through the list without warning. (For some list members (and
even, I think, a few developers), who don't have true broadband, it may
even be problematic to have such things come through at *all*.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.