[MPlayer-advusers] Re: mplayer hangs during rtsp play from BBC

jim jim at meyerpottery.com
Wed May 10 01:57:49 CEST 2006

Fortunately I have solved the problem I was having. The problem was
network and not mplayer. The firewall in my belkin router was stopping
the stream after a period of time. It also would halt the stream in
RealPlayer. I moved my box to the outside of the firewall and all is
again working correctly. This started after switching to a Netopia
bridge modem.
I record all of BBC7 listen again schedule each night so I can have mp3s
for the linksys radio. I love mplayer because I can start simultaneous
sessions and download >20 streams and still be inside the bandwidth of
my DSL. When the longest show is done playing I start my wave-to-mp3
script. About 2 hours later I have all of the shows on my media server
in mp3.

Thanks,
Jim