[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] mencoder -vf expand doesn't "reset" black bars when changing input files

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon May 8 01:10:30 CEST 2006

Hello,

When using -vf expand to match up the resolutions of multiple input
files for encoding together, I ran into a bug: the last frame of the
first input file "sticks" in the black bars of the second input file.

It's very easy to reproduce; no need to even download any input files --
just use your friendly neighborhood random device. ;)

mencoder -vf expand=240:240 -demuxer rawvideo -ovc lavc -o bars.avi \
/dev/urandom -rawvideo w=240:h=120:fps=24 -frames 48 \
/dev/urandom -rawvideo w=120:h=240:fps=24 -frames 48

mplayer bars.avi

I had a look around, but I can't see what's causing this.

Thanks,
Corey