[MPlayer-advusers] when transcoding asf to avi in mencoder, 1000 fps is used...

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Apr 17 16:49:21 CEST 2006

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 01:30:43 -0800
RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 22:06:33 -0500
> compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > it seems mencoder uses the 1000fps from the asf file as an output
> > framerate which causes lots of problems... can this be changed to a
> > lower fps or add a warning message or even force users to use -fps
> > switch when encoding from asf format?
>
> The avidemux docs recomend 100fps,  don't ask me why.  That sounds like
> a more reasonable value.

lots more users in #mplayer with this trouble, it seems some flv files also
have this problem.

VIDEO:  [FLV1]  320x240  0bpp  1000.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)

"!!! WARNING !!! no -ofps specified, using fps (1000) from original file!!!"

would be nice, maybe with a -nofpswarning switch too...

-compn