[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] cannot use -nosound with multiple input files in mencoder

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 12 07:26:11 CEST 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 11:24:42PM -0400, compn wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:14:47 -0400
> compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > i didnt think it was pebcak because there cannot be two oac or ovc (or nosounds)
> > per cmd line?
> >
> > e.g. you cannot have mencoder file1.avi -oac mp3lame file2.avi -oac pcm -o done.avi
> > correct?
>
> yes, i dont think this works so well...
>
> > or can you have mencoder 1.avi -vf eq2=-5:-5:-5:-5 2.avi -vf eq2=5:5:5:5 ???
> >

> vf works, ss works (i think), -frames works like this too, i guess it should
> all work, very cool stuff!

Ofcourse! there are options which are ALWAYS global, and options which are
per file. -o, -oac and -ovc don't make sense as anything other than a
global option, and so they are. -nosound on the other hand, is a per file
option.
There is a very weird bug though... -nosound IS per file, but for some
reason, it's resisting to roll back after its file is done!
-nosound manipulates 'audio_id' to be '-2'. I added a printf in MEncoder to
print on every file, then i ran the following command and got the following
results...

mencoder a.avi a.avi -nosound a.avi
audio_id: -1
audio_id: -2
audio_id: -2

Very weird bug! NO other option except -nosound does this. I can "fix" this
with:

mencoder a.avi a.avi -nosound a.avi -sound
audio_id: -1
audio_id: -2
audio_id: -1

But that shouldn't be necessary!

Anyway, that's only the first bug, the second bug is a simple one -
MEncoder doesn't check that all the files are "consistent" regarding having
audio or not... in the example command i gave now, MEncoder should've
closed right at the second file, because the first one had audio and the
second did not.. Easy bug, I just need to add a check.. I still can't
figure out the first one though :/ oh well.

- ods15