[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] OSD timer not resetting with -fixed-vo

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Sep 5 13:45:45 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 12:21:20PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 12:03:58PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > How about a -v log?
>
> I didn't get any clues from it, but find my log below.  Can't you easily
> reproduce it?

I missed the "equal dimensions" part.

> > Well, actually it should _not appear at all_. osdlevel is reset when you
> > change to the next movie. Seems like your vo forgets to clean the OSD on
> > config().
>
> I don't think this is vo-specific unless they are all broken.  I can
> reproduce this with vo_x11, vo_xv, vo_gl2, vo_[x]mga, vo_fbdev[2].

It does not happen with vo_gl, but if this is the only one it might
actually be considered a bug in vo_gl *g* (I guess this is because vo_gl
is AFAIK the only vo that checks for vo_osd_changed).
Maybe the bug is in mplayer.c that some of the flags which decide what
OSD parts are shown are not reset properly.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger