[MPlayer-advusers] How to mask the keystrokes in slave mode ?

rexian maillist at roomity.com
Thu Oct 6 23:47:58 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I wonder if it is possible to start MPlayer in slave mode in such a way that the video window doesn't react to keystrokes.

I am starting it like this at 200% but when a user presses ESC or Q,, it quits.

mplayer -slave -quiet  -nojoystick -nolirc -geometry 50%:50% -xy 2 -mms://xyz.com/xyz.asf

Actually the video window is always in focus since I am embedding it within a Java application and I need to make mplayer not receive the keystrokes.

Did I miss any option in http://www4.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/slave.txt or http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html ?

I saw the -nomouseinput option but was actually looking for a -nokeyboard option. Any ideas / suggestions friends ?

Thanks in advance,
Rex