[MPlayer-advusers] mp3 decoding problem

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Nov 23 00:08:57 CET 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:51:14 -0400
The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:
>
> > compn wrote:
> >
> >> decoding this file causes audio glitches in mplayer
> >> -demuxer 35, -ac ffmp3, -dumpaudio, nothing helps
> >> user reports it playing fine in xine.

this is incorrect, i found if you combine such commandlines, you can play the
audio correctly in mplayer, i figured this out by studying how vlc would do it

mplayer 163.mp4 -demuxer 35 -ac +ffmp3

but i'm told that the video speeds up/plays incorrectly
at least this gives you correct audio. altho i'm at a loss at why ffmp3 is not
handling mp3 audio when demuxed with lavf... old codecs.conf or missing entry?

> >> http://home.twmi.rr.com/compn/mp3audioproblem.mp4
> >> 2.1mb
> >
> > I have the what is almost certainly the same file (~233MB in total),
> > and have experienced a number of different problems with it
>
> I'll note that there are now two of these files that I know of, from the
> same source, both exhibiting very similar problems (although, from my
> limited examination, the second less so than the first). For the time
> being, there are also working XviD/AVI versions being released in
> parallel to the problematic x264/MP4 versions, but that will not be the
> case for much longer.

if you would talk to the guys encoding this, find out what program they use,
etc, it would be useful, can we claim broken encoder yet? hehe

i've had a 3-4 users come in #mplayer and ask about this problem...

>        The Wanderer

anyways, i do appreciate your help, i've also removed the sample as i needed
the space. i dont think this list gets a lot of eyeballs, but i've seen most
of the main developers writing to it (michaelni, rxt, dalias, rc, reimar,
sascha , deigo,  etc) so i think at least someone might check it out.

-compn