[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] mencoder floating point exception with -of lavf

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Nov 14 00:35:09 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>1. Either change messages like "Writing AVI header..." to non-AVI
>>specific counterparts like "Writing container header...", or put the
>>messages inside each individual muxer.
>

> Send a separate patch for this, I'll check and apply it.

I'll do so after this one is finished -- it'll be a good follow-up patch.

> BTW, I think you should move this thread to dev-eng...

I was planning to do so when I have a final or nearly-final draft of the
patch so it could get (possibly) wider review. For now, I thought it
would be better to keep the discussion in one place. The reasons for
doing this and the reasons not to take a different approach are all in
this thread.

I'll send the next patch to dev-eng; it should be nearly complete by
then anyway.

-Corey