[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] mencoder floating point exception with -of lavf

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Nov 10 00:18:48 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 10:22:54PM -0800, Corey Hickey wrote:
> Oddly enough, mplayer's avi muxer writes the header three times:
> - first without knowing anything about the video
> - second once it knows about the video stream
> - third when it's completely done and it can write the number of video frames
>
> My buffering layer can make the first header-writing unneccessary, but can't
> help the third. I can't think of any way to avoid it.

No need to avoid it; this is correct behavior. The final fix-up for
avi is part of the 'write trailer' operation, not a header rewrite.
The fact that it happens to be implemented as rewriting the header for
avi is coincidental; for sane formats this won't need to be done.

> +    muxer->muxbuf_do_buffer = 1;

No need for a variable for this. It's always required for correctness.

Rich