[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] mencoder floating point exception with -of lavf [patch attempt 1]

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Nov 8 04:42:58 CET 2005

Ok, this is my first attempt at writing a muxer buffer as Rich advises.
At this point I'm just trying to make it work with mplayer's avi
demuxer; I'll work out the others later. For now, I've run into a
problem I can't figure out. After 66 frames are buffered, mencoder
outputs lots of messages:

Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8233802 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)

I can tell the messages are coming from the demuxer, but I can't tell
why. Either I'm missing something or I have an error.

I'm sure the patch has other problems too, as well as being incomplete
-- it's my first try at working with any of this stuff.

-Corey