[MPlayer-advusers] SIGILL with -vo gl on sparc

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Nov 7 22:39:03 CET 2005

Hi,
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 07:20:38PM +0100, Marco Graf wrote:
> Got a SIGILL with another file. The same also happens with -vo gl2. The
> file is available under:

can you try any other vo? preferably -vo x11, but in the worst case -vo
null.
But the bug from your other report was in a function that both -vo gl
and -vo gl2 use, so it might be the same one.

> Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
> [Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 6623)]
> 0x00332ac0 in vis_level () at sparc/dsputil_vis.c:4029
> 4029        canjump = 1;

Or actually more likely not. An illegal instruction??
I just see that actually the code right above the creates it:
 if (sigsetjmp (jmpbuf, 1)) {
    signal (SIGILL, SIG_DFL);
    return accel;
  }

No idea what the actually does, but since it's in the ffmpeg code (and
at least if it also happens with -vo null), better report it to them I'd
say.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger