[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] mencoder floating point exception with -of lavf

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Nov 7 08:06:08 CET 2005

>> I wrote everything above before I read Rich's mail recommending that the
>> packets be buffered; my idea wouldn't work for non-seekable output either.
>> However, I think it could be an acceptable interim solution based on:
>
> It's not because it requires BREAKING libavformat to make it work with
> mencoder's brain damage.

Ok. Well, it was the best I could come up with on my first try at even
looking at how mencoder works.

>> (c) It's fairly simple and I could probably do it myself.
>
> So is the buffering layer. It's just a matter of putting some
> appropriate wrapper functions around the muxer implementation. Try it
> -- it really won't be difficult!

I'll see what I can do, but I'm not so optimistic. My C programming ability
at this point is such that I can write relatively simple programs and make
small changes to complex ones, but I'm not sure where to start here. Well,
besides staring at the source some more, that is...

-Corey