[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] mencoder floating point exception with -of lavf

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Nov 6 07:23:17 CET 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 05:29:14PM -0800, Corey Hickey wrote:
>
>>>Support broke on Aug 14, 2005 6:19 PM with this commit:
>>>http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/libmpcodecs/vf.c.diff?r1=1.111&r2=1.112
>>
>>Hmm, looks like you have the right date but the wrong commit (1.112 was
>>2005-03-01). This is the one:
>>
>>http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ffmpeg/libavformat/utils.c.diff?r1=1.160&r2=1.161&cvsroot=FFMpeg
>>
>>I had noticed that "dimensions not set" error but I didn't know how it was
>>significant. Commenting out that particular check seems to make encoding
>>work again, though I don't know what a proper fix would be. Should the
>>dimensions be set by then? Apparently they do get set by the time they
>>need to be.
>

> i wouldnt be so sure about that, my guess would rather be that mplayer
> extracts them from the video stream for mpeg4 and store 0x0 in the avi
> header, but maybe iam wrong, the only sure thing is that the dimensions
> must be valid when av_write_header() is called

I'm not sure about anything, just doing my best to poke around in the
dark. :)

According to gdb both st->codec->width and st->codec->height are set to
0 when av_write_header is called. Do you know where they should be set
to the correct values? I'll keep looking, but I have a feeling you could
fix this in a few seconds while it'll be a hit-and-miss process for me.

-Corey