[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] mencoder floating point exception with -of lavf

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Nov 6 02:29:14 CET 2005

> Support broke on Aug 14, 2005 6:19 PM with this commit:
> http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/libmpcodecs/vf.c.diff?r1=1.111&r2=1.112

Hmm, looks like you have the right date but the wrong commit (1.112 was
2005-03-01). This is the one:

http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ffmpeg/libavformat/utils.c.diff?r1=1.160&r2=1.161&cvsroot=FFMpeg

I had noticed that "dimensions not set" error but I didn't know how it was
significant. Commenting out that particular check seems to make encoding
work again, though I don't know what a proper fix would be. Should the
dimensions be set by then? Apparently they do get set by the time they
need to be.

I've attached a patch, but I might not be able to test extensively until a
couple days from now. If nothing else happens before then I'll report
further when I have a chance.

-Corey