[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] mencoder floating point exception with -of lavf

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Nov 5 02:29:32 CET 2005

I'm running into a SIGFPE when I try to use the libavformat muxer. The
location of the error is easy to see -- av_frac_add tries to divide by
zero when the pts AVFrac is {0, 0, 0}. How to fix the problem, though,
is beyond me.

Steps to reproduce:

1. The source file doesn't seem to matter. I'm using a 50K chunk of a
DVD dumpstream for this bugreport (small.vob; I'll attach it just in case).

2. mencoder small.vob -nosound -ofps 24000/1001 -ovc lavc -of lavf \
-lavfopts format=avi

System information:

Distro:   debian-amd64 sid
Kernel:   2.6.14-archck1
libc6:    2.3.5-7
gcc-3.4:  3.4.5
ld:       2.16.91
as:       2.16.91
MEncoder: dev-CVS-051104-16:24-3.4.5

I can also reproduce the problem on an i386 machine.

Attachments:
small.vob.gz -- 50KB from the beginning of a DVD title
gdb.log.gz   -- gdb information

Thanks,
Corey