[MPlayer-advusers] Bug with Matroska format and Real Video 9/10 codec

Jean-Noël Rivasseau elvanor2004 at gamebox.net
Fri Jul 15 22:02:52 CEST 2005

>> What can I do to help more?
>>

> Provide the sample or parts of it.

Sorry, I was maybe not clear: it crashes with *ALL* the Real Video 9
files in Matroska container that I've tried; For instance it crashes on

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/Matroska/matrix/
Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-RV9-Karl640x432_HE_AAC_subtitled_chapters.mkv

The crash, btw, is a sig 11 on decode_video module.

>> (I am going to download and build the CVS
>> version of Mplayer soon, but I think it's a bit of work to build it
>> under OS X...)
>>

> Just install xcode.

I had gcc and everything installed of course, as I am a developer,
but "the bit of work" I mentioned meant that it would take some time,
at least on my old machine, to compile it. Anyway I am compiling
latest CVS as we speak, but I think the bug will still be present, I
have tried a binary compiled on July, 3rd and it was still there.

> Diego
>
> P.S.: You should read http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html
> again.  If you haven't already you are wrong on this list.

I have read that.

Thanks