[MPlayer-advusers] Bug with Matroska format and Real Video 9/10 codec

Jean-Noël Rivasseau elvanor2004 at gamebox.net
Fri Jul 15 08:02:44 CEST 2005

Hello.

I am using Mac OS X 10.4, the latest binary from the separate
mplayerosx sourceforge project (dated May  20). I have installed the
latest codecs from Real by downloading their nightly build.

I can't play a Matroska file containing a video track encoded with
RV40. It crashes everytime. I have tried MANY samples from the
mplayer site, all Real videos work fine when they are in .avi, but
the ones in .mkv always make mplayer crash.

I have even extracted the video track using mkvextract, and once
extracted, mplayer plays it without problems, so the bug is clearly
related to how Mplayer handles .mkv files.

Other .mkv files using codecs such as DivX / XVid work fine though...

Any help on that?

What can I do to help more? (I am going to download and build the CVS
version of Mplayer soon, but I think it's a bit of work to build it
under OS X...)

Jean-Noël