[MPlayer-advusers] Re: rtsp fallback to http and different formats over rtsp?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jan 20 22:16:48 CET 2005

>On 2005.01.19 15:07, compn wrote:
>>rtsp://wmvstream.surfnet.nl/a/av-user-uva4/assets/349/Frank_VTS_08_1-
>>mpeg1-vhs-wmdvd-med.wmv
>>http:// works, but mplayer does not failback rtsp:// to http://
>>automatically.
>
>That's a different problem. wmv over rtsp is not implemented yet

Even worse: WMV over RTSP is not even *defined* yet - at least, not in any
document that I've been able to find.

Running "openRTSP" on the "rtsp://" URL above reveals that the stream uses
three 'experimental' RTP payload formats: "audio/X-ASF-PF",
"application/X-WMS-RTX", "video/X-ASF-PF".  However, I don't know anything
about these payload formats; they seem to be Microsoft-specific crap.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>