[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] snow decoding crash when seeking near end of file

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Dec 3 09:40:31 CET 2005

Hello,

I ran across another bug -- mplayer crashes when seeking to near the end
of some snow-encoded files. This is the encoding command line,
simplified as much as I can while preserving the crash:

mencoder /home/bugfood/dumpstream/matrix.vob -nosound \
-vf crop=718:356:0:60,scale=640:272 -ovc lavc \
-lavcopts vcodec=snow:vstrict=-2:vqscale=3.3 \
-ofps 24000/1001 -ss 2890 -frames 2400

I've uploaded this 7.5 MB file to:
http://fatooh.org/files/doom9tmp/snowcrash.avi

...and this is the crashing command:

mplayer snowcrash.avi -ss 94

mplayer crashes with ss values >= 94.

I've tested the following -- they all crash:
athlon64, gcc-3.4
athlon64, gcc-4.0 (gdb log attached)
pentium4, gcc-4.0

Thanks again,