[Mplayer-advusers] [BUGREPORT] MPlayer crash playing file made by Mencoder...

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Sep 30 05:19:39 CEST 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:27:08 -0400
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> RTFM! With pullup, you MUST use the softskip filter afterwards to work
> around mencoder's brokennness. Otherwise it will sig11. This is
> documented.

If you read the parent message, you would have seen my
mencoder command-line does indeed include softskip.

And BTW, I re-RTFM every other week :-)

You can reproduce this bug yourself quite easily.  On the -users list,
I've posted a message with the subject "Blah, blah, blah..." (quite
originial, I know...)  which describes the problem better, and has a
short sample of the video for testing.  Message-Id:
<20040928225430.44066c82.rcooley at spamcop.net>

The particular video in question is slightly different than the other
titles on the DVD.  The others worked fine with ivtc instead of pullup,
but the one I sent in does not.  In fact, it works fine with detc, but
not ivtc, nor pullup.