[Mplayer-advusers] Problem with -sid and -sub in current CVS

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Fri Sep 10 17:34:59 CEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 10:03:51AM -0400, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> admin writes:
> >
> > I uploaded to ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ the file
> > TITLE01-ANGLE2.VOB (cut to 5MB with dd) containing a subtitle stream.
> > If I try to playback with:
> >
> > mplayer -sid 0 TITLE01-ANGLE2.VOB
> >
> > then the subtitle will only show up if using sources older than at
> > least Aug 2, 2004 (I didn' try
> > all). However, CVS (9.9.2004) and sources at least newer as Aug 26,
> > 2004 doesn't show any subtitle.
> > Apparently the sub is decoded but it does not show up (same for all
> > subsequent subs in the big source VOB).
>
> I have verified this behavior under Linux with latest CVS.  It works
> fine with 0.92.  Joey, this sounds like it might be related to the
> changes you made to VOBsub subtitles lately.

Ack.  I think that the short term solution is to revert my commit.  :(
For the long term, I think that maybe all variety of subtitles need to
be reorganized.  If, for example, you want to switch between various
subs (from -sub option, automatic subfile guessing, vobsubs, etc.) it
would only really be clean if there was a master list in mplayer.c of
the various subs available and their specs.

For this, maybe there should be a way for the demuxer to report "I have
this many subs of this type."  I don't know.  I suck at the core
architectural stuff.

Suggestions?

> P.S.: Joey, you should subscribe to -advusers.p

Sorry, subscribed.  :)

--Joey

--
"There's no blood in your brain?  You're one of the lucky ones." --Chad