[Mplayer-advusers] Problme running mplayer over directfb on i845GL

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Sep 8 13:58:11 CEST 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 04:01:03PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> scorproy at HotPOP.com writes:
> > I guess I started this row, and I am sorry for that. I think we should

No need to be sorry. No harm done.

> > really appreciate what Attila is doing. Regarding documentation,

Also no need to appreciate it. I mostly do it because nobody else is
doing it, resp they can do better things with their time.

> > documentation for "mplayer on directfb" is lacking, specifically for
> > directfb on i810 chipsets. Though it was a simple case of adding a
> > filter -vf format=bgr16 so that directfb in i810 can understand the
> > colourspace, it took me 2 days to figure this out.

This sounds rather like a bug. Ie if directfb cannot use all
colourformats than it should tell MPlayer so. I guess the vo driver is
lacking a test here.

Can you try -vo directfb2 and tell us whether this one works
w/o -vf forma=bgr16 ?

			Attila Kinali