[Mplayer-advusers] mov jpeg video codec...

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Sep 6 16:51:52 CEST 2004

> compn writes:
> > http://galvinized.com/resume/newaxis_fs.mov
> > under videocodec ijpg add   format 0x6765706A to get it working.
>
> Hmm, I don't have the necessary DLL and it is apparently not included
> in any codec package.  Could you please upload it so Roberto can add
> it to the codec packages?

whas? ijpg is part of mplayer (if built with libjpeg), check /etc/codecs.conf

1.210         arpi       688: ; slow. usable only for standalone jpegs, like -mf, avid or photojpeg:
                         689: videocodec ijpg
                         690:   info "Independent JPEG Group's codec"
                         691:   status working
                         692:   fourcc ijpg,IJPG   ; -mf type=jpeg
1.256         alex       693:   fourcc jpeg        ; MOV Photo Jpeg
                         694:   fourcc AVRn,AVDJ   ; AVID
1.210         arpi       695:   driver ijpg
                         696:   dll libjpeg
                         697:   out RGB24,BGR24,BGR32

> This bug report should be sent to ffmpeg devel if ffmjpeg fails to
> play that sample but some other jpeg codec works.
yah, it should, but i didnt know if it was a colorspace issue with mplayer
or ffmjpeg.

mplayer and ffmpeg both need quick url dumps to do quick checks on url's...
just a simple web board with anony post. bugzilla takes a while to reg and login
mailing lists are slow, irc people are idle and dont see them, etc.

just a 'url' 'whats not working' and a vote box 'working/notworking' (also mplayer ver box) :)