[MPlayer-advusers] /A-codecs/lossless and request for more non-implemented samples.

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Tue Nov 9 02:58:38 CET 2004

rxt hinted me into some samples he got from mike melanson
that arent working in mplayer yet (except flac/wav)

if you have other samples and no time to check them, please
tell me, and i'll do the research :)

from the desc.txt:
.ape:  Monkeyaudio
.flac: FLAC (Free Lossless Audio codec)
.m4a:  Aplle Lossless (alac)
.wma:  Windows Media Audio 9 lossless
.rmvb: RealMedia Lossless audio
.shn:  Shorten audio codec

i looked up the rest... :)

.shn: shorten
http://etree.org/shnutils/xmms-shn/
xmms plugin.

.wv: WavPack Audio Compression
http://www.wavpack.com/ (the windows.zip contains plugins for
foobar2000, winamp, nero, and some others, no directshow)
source avail.

.tta: True Audio Codec
http://tta.corecodec.org/
http://www.true-audio.com/ftp/TTACodecs-setup.exe for directshow
decoder, but corecodec dshow are notorius for not working in mplayer.
source availible , xmms plugin avail

audiocodec tta
  info "trueaud"
  status working
  format 0x9999
  driver dshow
  dll "TTADSDecoder.ax"
  guid 0x680ef885, 0x41cf, 0x4f81, 0xaa, 0x06, 0xb7, 0x24, 0xbc, 0x96, 0x3a, 0x31

says cannot accept source input, using -rawaudio on:format=0x9999 (seriously,
i need the ability to force a codec, ignore fourcc, ignore format, also rawaudio needs to lose the on: part). could be a demuxer problem ;\

.la: Lossless Audio
http://www.lossless-audio.com/download.htm
windows package contains fubar2000 and winamp plugins, no dshow.
source availible

.ofr: OptimFROG
http://losslessaudiocompression.com/
winamp/fubar/xmms plugin, source availible
radlight dshow codecs dont work in mplayer as well... ;\

audiocodec ofr
info "ofr"
status working
format 0x6669
driver dshow
dll "RLOFRDec.ax"
  guid 0x68d6728a, 0xd715, 0x492a, 0xa5, 0x7b, 0x8d, 0xda, 0x01, 0xf4, 0x92, 0x1f

cant find input pin.

.pac: Lossless Predictive Audio Compression
http://www.nue.tu-berlin.de/wer/liebchen/lpac.html
Important notice: An improved version of the LPAC algorithm was recently chosen as reference model for "MPEG-4 Audio Lossless Coding (ALS)", so I decided to freeze the development of LPAC at its current state. Once standardization is completed, I will supply tools to convert LPAC files into MPEG-4 ALS files (which will not require any reencoding). Another good news is that the MPEG-4 ALS format specification as well as reference encoder and decoder software will be publicly available, providing an opportunity for everyone to use this new standard.

More information on MPEG-4 Audio Lossless Coding can be found on the MPEG-4 ALS page.

but hey, dead codecs are what mplayer is all abuot!
winamp plugin, windows/linux encoder/decoders (Codec DLL is not dshow.)

.rka: RK audio
http://www.msoftware.co.nz/downloads_page.php
winamp plugin, foobar2000 wrapper for winamp plugins?
http://www.vesta.dti.ne.jp/~tsato/arc/foo_winamp_input_040824.zip

will check wma lossless in a minute...