[Mplayer-advusers] Bug? Anomalous CPU usage when playing HDTV clips.

John Stebbins stebbins at jetheaddev.com
Thu Mar 25 17:38:57 CET 2004

I thought of that too.  But there are a couple of things that make me
think that there is some other problem here.  One is that I can create
the same symptoms by leaving the image size constant, and increasing the
frame rate.  The other is that xvinfo tells me that the max XvImage size
is 2048x2048.  xvinfo could be lying.  I could be dealing with 2
unrelated problems.  There could be a size limit (that xvinfo
mis-reports) and a bandwidth limit (that appears to be around 54MB/s
with the clips I've tried).

I think I'm going to have to lock myself in a closet for a weekend with
the source code and a debugger to figure this out.