[Mplayer-advusers] Support for wma files with codec 0xA?

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Thu Mar 11 21:35:59 CET 2004

Is anyone working on support for wma files with audio codec "0xA"?

I just skimming the mailing lists (except mplayer-users which I seem to have
been dropped from, argh) and there was mention of it a while back but there
doesn't seem to have been any progress on this front since.

I'm trying to play cartalk files which can be downloaded from:

 http://www.cartalk.com/Radio/Show/online.html

Incidentally their help page (http://www.cartalk.com/Radio/help.html)
specifically says:

> Are there Windows Media Player choices for Linux?
>   You can use MPlayer, which is free, or The CrossOver Plugin from
>   CodeWeavers for $25.

Which seems cool and all except that it doesn't actually work:

Playing CT0405-10.wma.
ASF file format detected.
============ ASF Stream group == START ===
 object size = 32