[Mplayer-advusers] Crash report, 1 of 3

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 19:46:14 CET 2004

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> -vc ffmpeg1 doesnt crash with it anymore, libmpeg2 still does, but
> thats a different bug, ur gdb dump clearly showed that u used ffmpeg
> before for mpeg decoding

Using ~noon January 1st MPlayer and libavcodec CVS, when I play the file
with the same set of config-file defaults and command-line options as
used to create the bug report, it reports
==
Selected video codec: [ffmpeg1] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG 1)
==
and crashes at the same point. When I add -vc ffmpeg1 to the command
line, it does exactly the same thing. Furthermore, when I use -vc mpeg12
(the only thing found by 'mplayer -vc help | grep -i libmpeg'), it
reports
==
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder libmpeg2-v0.3.1
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm:libmpeg2 (MPEG 1 or 2 (libmpeg2))
==
and also crashes, albeit not usually with the sort of error flood
produced by -vc ffmpeg1. (-vc ffmpeg2 also crashes, which isn't
surprising if the MPEG file is of an inappropriate type for that codec
but still shouldn't happen on general principles.)

In other words: it may be fixed on your end, but it's still got problems
on mine. Do I need to assume that although the effects are the same the
cause of the problem is now different, and submit a followup bug report?
(And what about the other two crashes, reported at the same time as this
one? Both still crash with the aforementioned CVS versions.)

--
       The Wanderer