[Mplayer-advusers] codec tsccvid.dll: playback fails if vid.res. is 1024:768 (device is incompatible with this codec)

Thomas tkran2002 at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 16 14:27:36 CET 2004

It seems that BGR15 is falling back to BGR16 (ignoring my codecs.conf with BGR15 only)
playing the a BGR16 movie (not very wise I know).
I can't verify BGR15 because I don't have a 15bit color depth recorded sample,
so I can only guess that it will be work (cause 8bit and 16bit are working) . I've to make a deeper look into the camtasia codec,
which formats are supported and can be recorded (I don't have installed the recorder, maybe trial of the recorded can be downloaded).

BTW to audio codecs: One of my first lecture recordings cries for tsd32.dll depending on tssoft32.acm. It seems that this one is
missing in the latest codecs distributed files. Forgotten or license problem is my question ?

Sample file can be found at:
http://porta.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/lectures/TI1/2001-2002WS/DownloadPackages/AVI/TI_1_Einfuehrung.avi