[Mplayer-advusers] codec tsccvid.dll: playback fails if vid.res. is 1024:768 (device is incompatible with this codec)

Thomas tkran2002 at yahoo.de
Sun Feb 15 19:40:14 CET 2004

So the reason is definitly not the resolution but the colordepth/colorspace:
 I verified some "old" recorded lectures recorded with 8bit color depth.
So completing the codecs.conf with the following lines will work with older lectures.
The backward compatibility of the latest tsccvid.dll should be correct.
Maybe someone has more extensions (YUY2,YV2) but I'm not sure,
which color depth/spaces the camtasia recorded also uses to make a comlete
codecs.conf update for the tscc codec.
So there should be an update of the official codecs.conf !
Hopefully the mplayer team would do this before I got more emails from
other users who contact me having the described problem.

; sample videos: http://www.techsmith.com/products/camtasia/examplevideos.asp
videocodec camtasia
  info "TechSmith Camtasia Screen Codec"
  status working