[Mplayer-advusers] Re: mplayer still crashes with -fs

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Thu Feb 5 05:30:46 CET 2004

Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> writes:

> I really suspect it's something with your X server.

Well sure, it's something with my X server, it is an X error after all.

But reporting "mplayer is crashing" to the xfree86 mailing lists won't get me
very far... They're not going to be interested until we figure out why mplayer
is crashing.

It does seem to be fairly consistent that it's a BadWindow error during
config. That presumably means something is wrong with either the mRootWin or
vo_window parameters.

There isn't any error checking in vo_x11_create_smooth_window but presumably
vo_window is fine after that function since it works without -fs. So something
about -fs is causing code to run that causes it to be invalid.

Where is -fs handled? Is it a different codepath from the 'f' key after the
movie is playing?

How can I check to see if a window is still valid from gdb? Is there a simple
X call I can make that won't disturb mplayer?

--
greg