[Mplayer-advusers] Bug? Anomalous CPU usage when playing HDTV clips.

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sat Apr 10 09:51:49 CEST 2004

>I'm not sure what to do about the busy wait.  I don't see an obvious
>way to synchronize closely to vsync without waiting.  Any ideas anyone?

     This sounds like more of an interface problem than anything else.  I
don't know how XVideo works, but the sensible way would be to allow the
caller to specify when to wait (e.g. when it's finished decoding the next
frame); it sounds like either there is no such call, or MPlayer isn't using
it.  If the former, I guess you're stuck; if the latter, I'll leave the
details to people less busy than me. ;)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/