[Mplayer-advusers] [BUG] crash with high resolution Matrix Revolutions trailer

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Sep 30 21:38:11 CEST 2003

Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
> [ Charset ISO-8859-15 unsupported, converting... ]
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>The new Matrix Revolutions trailer makes MPlayer crash after playing
>>about two thirds of the movie.  The file is here, lower resolutions do
>>not have problems:
>>
>>http://progressive.warnerbros.com/thematrix/us/med/rev_theatre_0x3839_640_dl.mov
>>
>>I have attached two gdb backtraces, the first is from skipping ahead
>>through the movie until it crashes, the second is normal,
>>uninterrupted playback.
>>
>>I run a Debian Woody system with
>>Kernel 2.4.22
>>glibc 2.2.5
>>binutils 2.12.90.0.1 20020307 Debian/GNU Linux
>

> Works for me with 2.2GHz Athlon XP, Debian unstable, gcc-3.3.2-0pre3,
> binutils-2.14.90.0.4-0, 2.3.2-5 libc, latest closed nvidia driver, -vo
> xv, with either CVS version 030907 or 030920.  Maybe gcc-2.95.4
> miscompiles faad?
>
> Zoli

Works for me, too:
Debian Sarge
1.89GHz Athlon XP
GCC 3.3.1
Nvidia binary driver

Interestingly enough, I notice a few scaling problems:
1. xv shows a thin gray line at the bottom, more noticable in fullscreen
2. sdl shows a changing colored line at the top

I suppose those are from that 335 vertical resolution. Why the heck did
they make a video with an odd-numbered vertical resolution? Aren't they
aware that's a no-no? :)

-Corey