[Mplayer-advusers] VIA H/W Mpeg 2 Decoder in EPIA-M.

Konstantinos Karydas kkar at intracom.gr
Thu Oct 16 15:24:15 CEST 2003

> On Thursday 09 October 2003 16:47, Konstantinos Karydas wrote:
> > Does anyone use an EPIA-M 10000 Mini-ITX based box?
> > This has an Integrated Hardware MPEG 2 Decoder on board which
> waits to be
> > used! There is a libddmpeg.so driver file that corresponds to this
> > hardware. My question is: Can I use this driver provided by VIA
> in Mplayer
> > to have this H/W Mpeg2 Decoder used for mplayer playback?
> > BTW, I tried to contact VIA to acquire the source code of their graphics
> > drivers including the H/W Mpeg2 driver, but unfortunately there is no
> > answer from them for a long time.
> > Anyway, if you know anything at all on this matter, please let me know.
> >

> > Thanx, best regards,
>
> Here are all the link I have about the EPIA-M in my bookmark.
>
> http://rz-obrian.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/epia-m/
> http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/EPIAVidix.shtml
>
> http://www.ivor.it/cle266/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cle266mp-plugin/
>
> Some are maybe not interesting, but the two last one are probably more
> interesting.
>
> Bertrand

Your links have been very interesting dear Bertrand. Especially the Ivor
Hewitt's one that contains the CLE266 MPEG Library. I have downloaded the
library but I don't know how to integrate it to the mplayer to make it work
(or at least to test if it works!). Can you please help? Or can anyone else
help me on this? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Best regards,

Kostas