[Mplayer-advusers] BUG: Mplayer v1.0pre2 or CVS + OSS + mms:// resources = no sound

Juan Carlos Rodrigo jrodrigo at xpyro.com
Thu Oct 16 05:33:13 CEST 2003

I'm using OSS (Purchased drivers) with a Terratec EWSMT88 sound card.
Recently I've upgraded to mplayer v1.0pre2...

I was trying to listen to my local radio station www.cadenaser.com,
but did not work at all. After a normal connect to the mms:// resource
it used to make a pop noise and then silence. Sometimes mplayer v1.0pre2
worked well but most of the times it did the pop sound and... Silence.

When playing xvid or divx videos the sound played quite well, after
testing with a xvid file (MP3 sound) I did another try to the mms://
link with bad luck. :(

Then I installed the CVS version (Post v1.0?), just the same behaviour,
the pop sound, after loading the mms:// link, and silence.

After all this compiling I've downgraded to Mplayer v0.92 and MAGIC it
works just like everytime it did... Perfect.

Maybe something is wrong with the DLL stuff in Mplayer v1.0?

PD: Thanks to the Mplayer team for their excellent work.