[Mplayer-advusers] [MPlayer-users] Stop time.

Konstantinos Karydas kkar at intracom.gr
Mon Oct 13 11:25:00 CEST 2003

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:34:20 +0300
> "Konstantinos Karydas" <kkar at intracom.gr> wrote:
>
> > > Is there any stop function for mplayer in the last releases
> or cvs that I
> > > don't know? Is there going to be a stop function soon? Maybe we
> > > should also
> > > forward this questions to the mplayer developers as well.
>
> As far as i know, there isnt. But check the manpage.
> If it's not there it doesn't exist (or is so buggy
> that we dont want the avarage user to use it)
>
> 			Attila Kinali
> --
> egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
> 			-- reeler in +kaosu

I have triple-checked the man page. I have also printed the page so that I
could take a more careful look! Of course, I can't find any stop function.
It's strange for the mplayer not to have such a functionality, since it
contains many much more complicated features such as filters and other quite
difficult functions which are much more difficult to implement than a simple
stop function to make feasible a complete start-stop functionality together
with the seek function (-ss). Thanks for answering Kinali.  Any other
suggestions by anyone at all?

Thanks,
regards,
Kostas