[Mplayer-advusers] Inverse telecine filters ineffective?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Oct 12 23:59:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Sunday, 12 October 2003, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > not much.
> > what do you mean by 'ghost effect' ?
> > something like 2 shots of a movement from different position mixed?
> > like a vertically scaled interlaced material?
>
> ugh. i've d/l'ed your sample, and did:

Sorry I didn't upload more. I'll try later, maybe tomorrow evening.

> mplayer Requiem_DVD_ivtc_ineffective.mpeg -ss 22 -vop tfields -vo png -frames 20
> (sorry i was wrong with 'il' filter, what you need is tfields)

Yes, I see it now that I tried it. Quite a helpful thing in this case. :)

> so i got 40 (fields for 20 frames) images.
> some look ok, some look same, some look ghost (mix of 2 camera positions).

In another scene, with faster panning, no 2 look the same and almost all
look ghost...

> i've never seen such a mess. maybe Rich know what to do with it, i have no
> idea.

Yes, indeed it's a mess. Rich?
"Help me, Obi^WRich. You are my only hope." ;)

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/