[Mplayer-advusers] VIA H/W Mpeg 2 Decoder in EPIA-M.

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Thu Oct 9 19:32:39 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Does anyone use an EPIA-M 10000 Mini-ITX based box?
> This has an Integrated Hardware MPEG 2 Decoder on board which waits to
> be used! There is a libddmpeg.so driver file that corresponds to this
> hardware. My question is: Can I use this driver provided by VIA in
> Mplayer to have this H/W Mpeg2 Decoder used for mplayer playback?
> BTW, I tried to contact VIA to acquire the source code of their
> graphics drivers including the H/W Mpeg2 driver, but unfortunately
> there is no answer from them for a long time.
> Anyway, if you know anything at all on this matter, please let me
> know.
We've never heard about that libddmpeg.so, anyway if you send us the
binaries together with a doc about the api and provide some access to a
such epia board (for example donating one), we could hack support for
it.

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)