[Mplayer-advusers] [BUG] crash with high resolution Matrix Revolutions trailer

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Oct 1 11:42:09 CEST 2003

Diego Biurrun writes:
 > The new Matrix Revolutions trailer makes MPlayer crash after playing
 > about two thirds of the movie.  The file is here, lower resolutions do
 > not have problems:
 >
 > http://progressive.warnerbros.com/thematrix/us/med/rev_theatre_0x3839_640_dl.mov
 >
 > I have attached two gdb backtraces, the first is from skipping ahead
 > through the movie until it crashes, the second is normal,
 > uninterrupted playback.

Oops, just noticed that the gdb backtrace seems to hide the actual
error messages -in the -v output.  Here they are:

Error while decoding frame!02 ct:  0.075  152/152  66%  1% 10.0% 0 0 0%
unsupported slice header (C1) ct:  0.075  153/153  65%  1% 10.0% 0 0 0%
Error while decoding frame!
unsupported slice header (4D) ct:  0.075  154/154  64%  1%  9.9% 0 0 0%
Error while decoding frame!
unsupported slice header (B7) ct:  0.076  155/155  64%  1%  9.9% 0 0 0%
Error while decoding frame!
unsupported slice header (F2) ct:  0.076  156/156  63%  1%  9.9% 0 0 0%
Error while decoding frame!
unsupported slice header (D2) ct:  0.076  157/157  63%  1%  9.9% 0 0 0%
Error while decoding frame!
unsupported slice header (9A) ct:  0.076  158/158  61%  1%  9.8% 0 0 0%
Error while decoding frame!
unsupported slice header (1F) ct:  0.076  159/159  60%  1%  9.8% 0 0 0%
Error while decoding frame!
unsupported slice header (26) ct:  0.076  160/160  59%  1%  9.8% 0 0 0%
Error while decoding frame!
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented % 0 0 0%
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Negative scalefactor found, should be impossible
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Maximum number of bitstream elements exceeded
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded
unsupported slice header (8C)
[...]

With -nosound I get these errors (that persist with -noslices):

Error while decoding frame!% 0 0 0%
unsupported slice header (C1)0 0 0%
Error while decoding frame!
unsupported slice header (4D)0 0 0%