[Mplayer-advusers] Re: Still getting seg fault on end of every video

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Fri May 16 20:03:27 CEST 2003

Alban Bedel <albeu at free.fr> writes:

> > The bug seems to be pretty apparent from the backtrace, I'm just not
> > sure how to track down which module the string came from.
> could you add the following to your backtrace :
> up
> print *opt
>
> so i could know wich option is causing this bug. It's probaly an option
> related to dvdnav, smb or live.com.

Indeed, "dvdnav".

(gdb) p *opt
$1 = {name = 0x8376297 "dvdnav", p = 0x83762a0, type = 0x842e3e0, flags = 0,
  min = 0, max = 1, priv = 0x0}

> That doesn't make sense at all as i have a different cpu, a different
> compiler and don't have dvdnav, smb and livecom. We ask that to know
> the exact compile environment that you used.
> Sure that i probably need to reproduce it locally to fix it. But for the
> same reasons as above getting your binary make no sense.

Well, yes, it wouldn't necessarily be easy. I could compile statically to
remove the library dependencies, and could enable run-time cpu detection.
But then it would get even bigger. A lot bigger I expect.

But the original point of my statement was exactly to explain that there
wasn't much more that I could practically provide to help.

Actually I'm a bit embarrassed, I already had printed *opt in gdb but cut it
off when I sent the e-mail. I don't know what I was thinking there.

--
greg