[Mplayer-advusers] Re: Still getting seg fault on end of every video

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Wed May 14 16:20:16 CEST 2003

Alban Bedel <albeu at free.fr> writes:

> We like let bugs in CVS for months. To be serious i can't reproduce that
> otherwise i would try to fix it. So as Attila said send a proper bug
> report otherwise we can't do anything.

Well I'm not sure what more to send. I've sent the config.mak, config.h, a
backtrace with debugging symbols, compilation environment data. I can get a
core dump and send that if you want. If there's any particular tests you think
would be useful I can do them.

The bug seems to be pretty apparent from the backtrace, I'm just not sure how
to track down which module the string came from.

Given that it happens to me (and others) on every single movie then if you're
having trouble reproducing the bug then your binary must be built with
different options. Did you try building with the configure.mak and config.h I
sent?

Otherwise if you really think it's necessary to reproduce the bug locally to
fix it I would have to bundle up the binary I have with all the libraries and
send them on down. If you have a debian unstable box then it should be
possible to run jut the binary, but as a warning, the one with debugging
symbols is 45M.

I've attached the Config.mak and config.h again.

Incidentally, I haven't seen any of my own posts on this mailing list, just
the followups. Does this list not send messages to the author or something?