[Mplayer-advusers] Re: Still getting seg fault on end of every video

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Tue May 13 22:58:45 CEST 2003

Attila Kinali <kinali at gmx.net> writes:

> On 13 May 2003 11:55:27 -0400
> Greg Stark <gsstark at mit.edu> wrote:
>
> > I've been seeing this bug continuously since, oh, a few months ago. This is
> > from a fresh checkout from CVS with
> > ./configure --enable-smb --enable-dvdnav --enable-menu --enable-gui --enable-live
>
> Thanks for the bugreport, but this doesnt help us, you should at least
> tell us what you do (you arent cooking coffee with mplayer ?)

I'm, uh, playing videos. I'm not sure what else I could be doing. It happens
on any video stream regardless of the type or the display method. I just type
"mplayer foo.wmv" and it plays the video, then seg faults. If I type "mplayer
foo.avi foo.mpg" then it seg faults after the first one, which is pretty
annoying.

This is the same bug that I posted to mplayer-users about in message
<87el32aljk.fsf at stark.dyndns.tv> on April 22. I included a config.mak and
config.h there.

And it's the same bug I've read in various online reviews of mplayer, so it's
not like it's just my system or just in the CVS tip. This is a perennial bug
that seems to keep cropping up and keeps getting fixed and refixed. The odd
thing this time is that it's been months and hasn't been fixed.

--
greg